Senior data engineer with cloud technology skills to join a market-leading retail client. This company prides itself on continual innovation and progression, investing in its technology and data team. In this role you will use your technical expertise to have a true impact on the business, enabling a truly personalised consumer experience. Data & Analytics is at the heart of the business as they have a successful customer loyalty scheme, the Data Engineers will support new and innovative ways of harnessing the power of data to open / maximise opportunities.
- Experience in Data Engineering in a commercial environment.
- Actively sharing technical expertise with the team both as a hands-on developer and mentor.
- Solid knowledge of data modelling and structures, and experience with data lakes and warehousing tools and techniques (BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift etc.).
- Hands-on experience with ingesting and processing streaming data – messaging queues (RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.) and data flow orchestration (Data Flow, Apache, Airflow, Luigi etc.).
- Improving the engineering practices in the pod including code quality, testing and CI/CD
- Demonstrable experience of working with and designing a cloud-based analytical platform including best practices around data ingestion on an industrial scale (batch and streaming ETL/ELT) and turning data science/machine learning algorithms into production-grade products.
- Strong software development skills (particularly in Python) – object oriented and/or functional design, coding, and testing patterns, the relevant DevOps principles, and the ability to document in a clean manner.