Programme Manager – 12 Month FTC
Remote based (occasional travel to Edinburgh as and when required).
Salary up to £85k
Financial Services and/or retail banking experience is an essential criteria for the role.
Our client are currently actively looking to recruit a Programme Manager on a 12 month FTC (with the potential to go permanent) to report directly into the Head of Change and work closely with the change leadership team. You will manage specific key stakeholder relationships related to the change programme, typically at the ‘Head Of’ and ‘Executive’ level and will also manage key supplier relationships that are integral to the programme delivery.
You will lead the end-to-end delivery of significant programmes of change, crucial to the ongoing success of the business and will direct and control the delivery of major change programmes, up to £30m in value, ensuring delivery within cost, quality and timescale parameters, meeting the benefits realisation identified in the business case.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the E2E delivery of large, complex mobile, web and telephony replatforming programmes, including third party delivery across multiple technology and service providers.
- Scope, shape mobilise and manage programmes through the lifecycle, applying appropriate methodologies and approaches, including, agile, waterfall and hybrid
- Provide guidance for all delivery activities including requirements and analysis, solution design, build, QA/test and implementation.
- Responsibility for developing and shaping business case and benefits realisation plan.
- Lead, structure and drive cross-functional programme teams, consisting of change, IT and operational resources plus third-party technology and business services partners and providers.
- Ensure appropriate programme governance is defined and adhered to covering planning, execution, financial management, quality management and risk management.
- Manage stakeholders of all levels, up to and including Executive, managing the complexities and nuances of multiple and sometimes conflicting interests.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with relevant key decision-makers and influencers, and be comfortable in operating at these levels
- Understand, develop and execute of business readiness plans and influence the business adoption and subsequent end state with subject matter experts from all parties.
- Ensure programmes adhere to the wider businesse’s Change Framework.
- Ensure Executive visibility and understanding of the likelihood and impact of emerging key risks relevant to the programme, and work closely with the Risk and Audit teams to identify and mitigate these risks
- Optimise delivery plans to meet agreed programme timescales and own the programme plan, costs, quality, and benefits assumptions.
- Manage and integrate key programme financial, commercial, and legal commercial objectives.
What you need to know and show:
- Direct and demonstrable experience of successful delivery of mobile, web and/or telephony replatforming programmes.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering complex programmes incorporating significant technology and operational elements using third party technology suppliers in organisations where customer experience and operational efficiency are key drivers.
- Experience of leading design and execution of complex migration events within a highly regulated environment.
- You will have a good understanding of the systems development lifecycle and be able to work collaboratively with the CIO IS delivery team, to integrate IS suppliers and plans into and throughout the project.
- Highly skilled in all aspects of change delivery with appropriate professional qualification and certification.
- Exceptional stakeholder and communication skills, with the ability to create clarity from complexity and distil status and messaging for Executive stakeholders comprehensively and credibly.
- Charismatic with the strength and depth of experience to shape, manage and motivate a high performing multi-discipline programme team within the business and multiple third parties.
- Commercially minded with the ability to manage to financial goals e.g., benefits realisation, with experience of managing change programme with budgets exceeding £30m.
- Extensive experience of managing within ambiguity effectively, and highly resilient to deal with the potential conflicts and uncertainty this brings within a change delivery and banking environment.